Now more than ever, B2B marketers and sales folk are being asked to do far more with far less. Teams are constantly on their toes trying to make their limited resources stretch a long way. What’s more? As buyers become increasingly adept at spotting a campaign or sales pitch from a mile away, it becomes that much harder to build new relationships from scratch.
The solution? Making the most of what you already have — like the goldmine of visitor data buried away in your website.
Your website is arguably the most significant, high-traffic touch-point for B2B buyers. That being said, only about 1-5% of this traffic actually converts. So what happens to the remaining 95% of visitors you’ve worked tirelessly to drive to your site? We can’t just let all that potential pipeline slip-away, can we?
The following blog highlights how you can identify anonymous companies already visiting your site using cutting-edge account deanonymization and website visitor tracking software.
Factors.ai’s website visitor identification tool identifies who your B2B audience is and how they engage with your brand — so you can reach out with the right message at the right time. But how does website visitor identification work? And what makes Factors.ai the best account de-anonymization solution for B2B teams? Let’s find out.
Website visitor identification tools track who your visitors are and how they interact with your site — even without a contact form being submitted. This is valuable for two BIG reasons: One, it helps better understand your otherwise predominantly anonymous audience and their intent. This means you can see the companies visiting your site and differentiate between a genuine lead and a competitor stalking your site. Two, it provides data into what elements of your site helps and hurts conversions for various firmographic like size, revenue, location, and more. This means you can optimize your website performance to drive more conversions – sign ups, demo bookings etc.
Ultimately, identifying anonymous website visitors lends to generating high-quality leads (and in turn pipeline) out of what seems to be thin air.
Note: You may be wondering how website visitor tracking differs from Google Analytics or other website analytics tools. In short, while GA can tell you how many people engage with your site, it cannot convey who those visitors are.
1. Find ready-to-buy leads: People who visit your website are aware of your brand. And people who are aware of your brand are far more likely to convert as compared to those who are yet to hear of you. With visitor identification, sales can reach out to otherwise anonymous prospects, capitalize on an untapped pool of buyers, and prevent low hanging revenue from slipping away.
2. Close better deals, faster: The early bird gets the worm and the early salesperson closes the deal. It’s no secret that time is off the essence when it comes to B2B sales. With Factors, sales can identify and reach out to high-intent prospects before competitors have a chance to do the same.
3. Create better sales pitches: Sales can see exactly what content — features, blogs, case-studies, use-cases etc — prospects are engaging to anticipate their needs and personalize sales interactions accordingly.
1. Delight your sales team: Make your sales team happy with a list of high-intent, high-quality prospects for your sales team to engage with. And the best part? These are leads generated with zero additional ad spend as they’re simply companies who already visit your site.
2. Understand traffic sources: Learn which channels and traffic source high-quality leads come from. Scale the right campaigns and close the gap between impressions and revenue. This benefit is all the more pronounced when visitor identification is used in unison with Factors’ end-to-end attribution and journey mapping.
3. Optimize website content: See how companies engage with content on your website and understand what topics and themes resonate most with visitors. Gauge what’s helping and hurting website conversions and optimize performance accordingly.
4. Optimize retargeting: Once you understand who’s visiting your site and what they’re looking for, it becomes that much easier to retarget the right audience. Don’t waste your ad budget retargeting everyone who visits your site — just the select few who show real buyer intent.
Website visitor tracking tools like Factors use reverse DNS lookup to identify companies visiting your site based on their IP address. In short, reverse DNS identifies the host name of a particular IP address to provide company location information.
Factors ai matches visitor’s IP data with an extensive database to identify which company visited your site as well as other firmographic features like revenue, employee headcount, industry, etc. Note that this de-anonymization using IP-matching cannot tell you which individual visited your site as this would be creepy and probably illegal.
Along with knowing which company is visiting your site, Factors light-weight script will also shed light onto what visitors are engaging with on your site. Understand website behavior — including page views, button clicks, time spent, scroll depth and more. All of this data is collected using only first-party cookies — so there’s no impact on third-party restrictions.
Here’s why Factors.ai is the most effective and cost-effective de-anonymization solution:
Factors.ai delivers the most accurate IP-matching in the industry. In a case wherein customers provided 22,000 unique IPs (where the answers were known), different vendors were asked to match IPs with companies and provide firmographic information. Factors.ai’s cutting-edge IP-technology delivered a whopping 64% matchrate and nearly 30% more matches than the nearest competitor. We can confidently claim that, with over 90% of website traffic being anonymous, Factors provide a matchrate that’s 10-15% better than alternatives like Clearbit, Kickfire, and Demandbase.
Factors.ai is one of, if not the most cost-effective de-anonymization solution in the industry. Our prices start at as low as $99/month for as many as 500 companies identified.
15 cents per every account identified AND better data accuracy? Now that’s a good deal if we’ve ever heard one
Another benefit with Factors is the wide range of complementary features it has to offer along with visitor identification. End-to-end marketing analytics, revenue attribution, journey mapping and more — all of which provide a layer of depth and direction once you identify who’s visiting your site. Answer questions like:
#1. Can website visitor tracking tell you who exactly visited your site?
No. Collecting individual visitor data without consent is probably illegal (surprise surprise)! We can, however, identify the companies they come from and their firmographic features.
#2. Is Factors’ website visitor tracking privacy (GDPR) compliant?
Yes! Factors data processing is compliant with GDPR legislation — assuming you have privacy terms and cookie policies present on your site.
#3. Can Factors identify companies that operate working-from-home?
As work from home becomes increasingly common, this is an important question to address. In cases where office space IP-addresses aren’t associated with visitors, Factors uses the following strategies to ensure accuracy:
And there you have it! See our website visitor identification in action over a personalized demo here. Stay tuned for more updates.
Get the latest best practices in Marketing Analytics
delivered to your inbox. You don't want to miss this!!